|27 February 2013|
|5:45 pm||to||7:30 pm|
Join Australian Science Communicators WA, Inspiring Australia WA Group, Scitech and The University of Western Australia for an Inspiring Australia update session and evaluation tool roundtable.
If you want to know what’s happening in the national science communication landscape, and if you want useful evaluation tools to use with your own science communication programs, this is the event for you!
Everyone involved in science outreach and engagement is invited to join this free event. Refreshments will be provided.
Please register at http://ia-wa-evaluation.eventbrite.com.au/ to assist us with catering and planning.
Wednesday 27 February
5.45pm for a 6.00pm start
Sutherland St, West Perth, WA
There will be two components to the event:
1) Dr Simon Carroll, Director – Science Partnerships at Scitech and Inspiring Australia liaison in WA will provide an update on the latest Inspiring Australia developments
2) Sarah Lau, ASC and Asst. Prof. Jo Elliott, Research Assistant Professor in Science Communication at UWA will lead an evaluation roundtable to discuss the outcomes from the Inspiring Australia evaluation tool in 2012, and help shape the release of evaluation tools for 2013.
In the second part of the event, you will be asked to contribute your thoughts and input on evaluation of science engagement strategies, and detail your own experience. Specifically, we would like to know:
- What are you trying to achieve with your science engagement programs?
- What kinds of science engagement programs are you running?
- How do you measure the effectiveness of your programs and whether you have achieved your aims?
- What kinds of evaluation tools and questions would you find useful?
This is your opportunity to shape the evaluation tools resulting from the Inspiring Australia program.
The outcome from this session and Asst. Prof. Elliott’s work will be a set of evaluation tools to be used by the science engagement community across 2013.
We look forward to seeing you there!