Got some post #ASC14 blues?
The ACT branch is hosting its first networking event of the year.
Come along and meet some other local science communicators. Share war stories, celebrate successes and make new contacts. Nibbles provided, and a free drink for members!
- When: Wednesday 26th March, 5.30pm for 6pm start and stay as long as you want.
- Where: Fellows Bar, downstairs at University House, cnr Balmain and Liversidge Streets, ANU (find the meeting room).
Parking is free after 5.30 PM
For catering purposes it would be appreciated if you could register at – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/asc-act-networking-event-website-how-to-enlighten-festival-wrap-up-science-week-primer-tickets-10935296767
To get start the conversation started we have three five minute talks:
- Website Do’s and Don’ts: Ian McDonald shares what he learnt while developing and creating the research website for Alzheimer’s Australia’s.
- Enlighten festival wrap-up: Questacon’s David Cannell gives us the low-down on the enlighten festival, from a participant’s perspective.
- Science Week primer: ACT science week committee chair Merryn McKinnon reveals amazing new facts about science week, and how you can get involved
Bring your friends and colleagues – all welcome! Feel free to continue the conversation as UniHouse does offer meals as well.