Nature Research is looking for a Senior Editor to join the Nature Index team. See job description and link to application below.
Key Selling Points:
- Join a global company and leader in publishing
- Supportive management and a collegiate environment
- Full-time, permanent position, with competitive salary
Oversee the creation of data-driven supplements and digital content about research trends, developments, and policies for the Nature Index.
Nature Research is publisher of the esteemed science journal Nature. We are seeking an editor to oversee the creation of data-driven supplements and digital content about research trends, developments, and policies for the Nature Index.
The Nature Index covers research in a unique way – with an emphasis on quantifying the impact of scientific investigation. Many of the stories are based on Nature’s proprietary database that tracks the publication of papers across a broad range of scientific disciplines all over the world. Nature Index provides a close to real-time indicator of high-quality research output and collaboration at the institutional, national and regional levels.
Based at Nature’s Sydney, Australia office, the Senior Editor will:
- Serve as editor for high-profile Nature Index supplements to Nature, conceiving and commissioning visually strong, well reported, data-rich publications
- Work with Nature Index data analysts to identify data-driven story ideas
- Oversee a digital news portal and social media accounts including frequent posts about research activities, funding and impact for Natureindex.com – commissioning and editing pieces from freelance and staff science writers, and reporting and writing stories
- Manage the Nature Index Associate Editor and social media producer
- Edit copy to tight, coherent and compelling narrative, identifying and resolving problems with structure, tone or language
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong, demonstrated experience writing and editing about higher education, science or other technical topics
- A demonstrated ability to edit stories so that they are understandable by scientifically interested readers who are not specialists in the subject matter
- A university degree in science, plus some knowledge of the research enterprise
- Strong interest in developing ways to present information visually both in print and online and adeptness with social media platforms;
- Ability to work collegially with staff, freelance writers, designers and proof-readers both in the office and in Nature locations around the world
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using Excel
This is an exciting opportunity and we are keen to have someone commence as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so please apply now via our corporate website with your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest and relevant experience. Please also include two recent examples of your work as a science journalist.
Applications close 11.55pm Monday 19th June
Link to Corporate Website: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0001215517P&career_job_req_id=19741