|26 July 2011|
|3:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
Evaluating Science Communication Programs
a workshop with Larraine J Larri
Director and Principal Consultant
Renshaw-Hitchen and Associates
When: 3-5pm Tuesday 26th July
Where: Industry link room, CSIRO Discovery Centre, Black Mountain, ACT
This is a hands-on, two-hour workshop in program evaluation specially designed for Science Communicators.
In this workshop, Larraine draws on her many years experience as an evaluator and educationist to give you an insight into evaluation theory and practice. She does this with examples from her projects relevant to Science Communicators. These have included working with Questacon Outreach, CSIRO Education and the Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative. As Larraine says, ‘… it’s hard to make evaluation fun’, but with her action learning approach, you’ll have an experience that is practical and engaging. Come prepared to work on your own program area to develop a draft evaluation plan. You will also receive a workbook which includes detailed notes.
By the end of the session you will have a basic understanding of:
- What program evaluation is and its relationship to research.
- The different types of program evaluation and when you would use them: Design, Process, Impact, and Economic Evaluations.
- Typical steps in planning, implementing and reporting an evaluation, including: engaging and working with consultants; scoping the terms of reference for an evaluation; identifying the key evaluation questions.
- Typical tools used in evaluations such as: Program Logic; Data Matrix; qualitative and quantitative data collection strategies; Appreciative Enquiry; Most Significant Change; Participatory and Empowerment evaluation.
- How to develop a monitoring and evaluation plan.
Book now* at http://www.ascact1.eventbrite.com
$35 ASC members
*Limited spaces, prepayment required
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org