Biotext is looking for a motivated science editor to join our team.
Biotext turns complex science and policy information into effective publications. For more than 15 years, we have produced publications for scientific agencies, government departments, academic and nongovernment organisations, both in Australia and overseas. Biotext is an acknowledged leader in science writing, editing and design, specialising in health and biomedical science, environment, agriculture and government.
Working closely with our editing and design teams, your main duties will be editing and proofreading a wide range of publications, including reports, guidelines, fact sheets and web content. There may also be opportunities to write or rewrite content.
We are looking for someone who is keen to use and further develop their editing skills, and work with clients and the Biotext team to produce high-quality publications that exceed client expectations.
- A keen interest in science and clear scientific communication
- Tertiary qualifications in science, health or biomedical science, and/or communications
- Training and/or experience in science writing and editing
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, including formatting using templates
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Accredited editor with the Institute of Professional Editors (Australia), Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (USA) or equivalent
- Experience in using style guides and style sheets
- Experience in managing the publication process
- Experience in business development, marketing and communication
Hours: Full time (flexible working hours available)
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications, experience and skills
Start date: February or March 2017
Location: Bruce, Canberra
Biotext also has offices in Sydney and Melbourne, but the successful candidate must be prepared to work in the Canberra office.
Applications: Applications should be lodged by email (With ‘Editor application’ as the subject line) and include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a résumé, including the names of at least 2 referees. Applications close on 10 February 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake short writing, editing and proofreading tests.
Contact: Kylie Evans, email email@example.com, ph 6282 2280