The ASC Canberra committee aims to provide useful, thought-provoking and fun events, short courses and support to local ASC members. We also provide input to the national activities.
Meet the new ASC committee! A social event in Haig Park, featuring lightning talks from the 2022 ACT Branch committee. Thursday 17 February 2022 at 5:45 pm. Read the full details.
The 2022 ACT branch committee is:
- President: Camille Thomson
- Vice-President: Jillian Matthews
- Secretary: Olivia Congdon & Indigo Strudwicke
- Treasurer: Stuart McMillen
- National Liaison Officer: Indigo Strudwicke
- General Committee Members: Aidan Muirhead, Henry Fitzpatrick & Toss Gascoigne
Supported memberships for 2022 were awarded to Trinity Trantino and Kate Lehane as part of ASC ACT Branch’s Covid-19 response package.
Some of our popular events have included:
- Cartoons, Science and Politics – Communicating Big Ideas
- Regular networking nights with ASC members
- The Science of Beer
- Careers in Research: Is Australia producing too many PhDs? – Panel discussion
- MayDay! Re-examing Canberra’s deadliest plane crash – National Science Week
- Producing great podcasts – workshop
- Big Snapshot of Australian Science Engagement! (on behalf of national ASC project team)Clean Energy Future: Using market research to inform strategy
- Communicating the “State of the environment”
- Are you π-curious?
- CSI vs Real Forensic Science
- Science Communicators: where would science be without them?
- Improving your writing: how to edit your own work
- Coffee and Connections
Keep up to date with upcoming events:
- We regularly email our members – make sure your details are up to date!
ACT Inspiring Australia website (list of science based events in the Canberra region)
For more information on events, interest in joining our committee, or to suggest an event you would like to see run in the ACT, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we always welcome your comments.
Like us at our Facebook Page