The Australian Science Communicators is the national forum for science communicators and science journalists. With more than 450 financial members and thousands of active subscribers, it is the peak body for this professionally diverse community, bringing together individuals from media, research organisations, universities, science museums, education and the arts. Become a member today and enjoy the benefits of:
- posting rights to the ASC email lists, reaching more than 2500 highly engaged individuals;
- access to the ASC grants program;
- access to members-only online resources, including a webinar series;
- subscription to the members-only Scope magazine;
- substantial savings on ASC events, including our annual conference;
- substantial savings on WFSJ events, including their annual conference;
- authorship rights to the ASC blog (job and event postings, community thought leadership and more);
- nomination rights for the Unsung Hero of Science Communication awards;
- voting rights for national and state elections.
Who can apply?
The Australian Science Communicators welcomes anyone identifying as a science communicator or science journalist, interested in a career in these fields, or keen to learn more about science communication and science journalism.
Membership fees (from 1 July 2017):
- Individual membership – $189 per annum
- Student membership (with valid student identification emailed to office /at/ asc.asn.au at time of joining) – $87 per annum
- Associate membership (for retirees, members living overseas, on maternity (or other) leave, or otherwise not currently active in science communication) – $87 per annum
- Corporate membership* – $522 per annum
* Standard Corporate membership offers up to ten employee members for the price of only six Associate memberships, and additional employees at a discounted rate. It includes one vote in ASC elections.
Members can also renew or update their details at this page.
Membership or payment enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note the office is staffed on a part-time basis).