Another reminder for ASC members whose renewal date is 1 September to stay financial and use this opportunity to update your profile via the membership page.
To renew, go to http://community.asc.asn.au/, log-in and click on Membership Info to pay your subs. While still signed in click Profile Home to add new info to your membership profile.
A new benefit for ASC members is discounted registration to sciencerewired, a full day event of social media related science communication. The $59 savings nearly covers the cost of individual membership in ASC. Plus we have 2 free registrations and 2 student scholarships to offer.
To list some of the other things to look forward to in the coming year:
- The ASC website will host the results of the National Audit of Science Engagement Activities. The report will come out by mid-November along with data visualisations to enable you to interactively compare key data fields.
- ASC will keep you informed of Inspiring Australia Strategy activities and updates. We have funds for selected financial members to participate in this communication activity.
- Get involved in planning for the next national conference to be held in February 2014 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. We’re aiming even higher for this conference which will be held in one of the best convention centres in the world.
- ASC branches are all holding a range of events and workshops, which are free or at substantial discounts to members.
- Plus the issues and discussion will keep on coming. Stay in contact with your science communication network via Scope, the email lists, website, Facebook, LinkedIn and so on.
The cost of membership is still:
Individual membership is $88 per annum (incl. GST)
Student membership (with appropriate ID) is $35.20 (incl. GST)
Associate membership (with explanation) is $35.20 (incl. GST)
Corporate membership is $528 (incl. GST).