|31 October 2013
Running events, writing blogs and maybe even producing video clips might all be in a days work but what about podcasting?
Podcasting might seem technical and complicated but it is far from it. Nowadays, it is easy to get started with some basic tools, free software and super cheap hosting options. You could have your audience listening to your dulcet tones in no time!
The ACT branch of the Australian Science Communicators has asked Daniel Oyston, Content Marketer and Canberra local (see bio below) to walk us through the process of setting up and delivering a podcast, tailored to your audience – you can see some examples of Daniel’s work here.
The 2 hour workshop includes a full set of notes and information on:
- how your podcast will fit into your existing communications,
- how to identify topics,
- the equipment you will need,
- how to construct a show,
- how to edit the recording and
- getting you audience to access your podcast on their phones through iTunes and RSS (Android).
Daniel will leave time for any specific questions you may have and has also said that if you have a recording, he will happily walk you through how to turn it into a podcast.
So, if you have always wanted to learn about podcasting but never known how to start, why not spend an evening with your colleagues, learn together and have a bit of fun!
- When: Thursday, October 31st, 2013
- Time: 6pm to 8pm (arrive 10 minutes early)
- Where: Conference Room, CSIRO Corporate Centre, Limestone Avenue, Campbell, Canberra
- What to bring: Laptop, tablet and/or smartphone
- Cost: Free for ASC members and $15 for non members