The Australian Science Communicators National Conference 2014, 2-5 February, Brisbane is only weeks away. So get in quick to claim your spot to attend this premier networking event promising thrills, new skills and (gasp) entertainment!
- to attend in person
- for livestreaming (click on the *special item tickets link)
- for special events like the Storytelling of Science event and the very special SCANZ-ASC breakfast (click on the *special item tickets link).
Just some highlights include:
- Over 100 distinguished speakers across disciplines and industries.
- Leaders and visionaries of our time sharing their thoughts and ideas… check out some of the featured speakers.
- The best networking you’ll find: cross-industry, cross-geography and cross-disciplinary with attendees from all career stages from students to leaders in their fields.
- Three days of main conference program featuring case studies, talks, roundtable discussions, workshops and training, and debates.
- A full stream of professional development including: web building, editing, animation, online strategy, commercial foundations, getting published, journalism and storytelling.
- A program designed to inspire. With a theme of Insight, Impact, Innovation, ASC2014 emphasises innovation in science communication stimulated by understanding our audiences, using visual communication and new media, and demonstrating the impact of our efforts.
- A spectacular sci-art exhibition (called SPECTRUM), SCINEMA screening, poster showcase and speed networking event.
- The conference dinner featuring Robyn Williams (ABC Radio National’s The Science Show and Ockham’s Razor) presenting the Unsung Hero of Australian Science Communication Award.
Public events (why not bring your friends!):
- ‘The Storytelling of Science: a triple anniversary celebration’ featuring Tim Flannery (Chair of the Climate Council), Lynne Malcolm (ABC Science), Jenny Graves (Australian Academy of Science Secretary for Education and Public Awareness)
- A first ever joint Science Communicators New Zealand and Australian Science Communicators breakfast event. Learn about the evolution of science communication in New Zealand and Australia with this panel featuring: Ian Lowe, Toss Gascoigne (Director at Toss Gascoigne & Associates), Jean Fleming (Professor of Science Communication and Associate Dean of Outreach at the University of Otago, New Zealand) and Jenni Metcalfe (Director of Econnect Communication). (Delegates get discounted entry!)
Stay in touch by:
- Tweeting using the hashtag #ASC14
- visiting the conference website and commenting/asking questions on the session pages
- joining the ASC Conference LinkedIn Group.
Got a question? Email the program committee (program.committee [at] asc.asn.au) or regarding registration/logistics, Eventcorp our Professional Conference Organiser (ASC2014 [at] eventcorp.com.au).