The ASC Canberra committee aims to provide useful, thought-provoking and fun events, short courses and support to local ASC members. We also provide input to the national activities.
Keep up to date with upcoming events:
ACT Inspiring Australia website (list of science based events in the Canberra region)
Like us at our Facebook Page
The 2016 ACT branch committee is:
- President – Aidan Murray
- Treasurer (Financial administrator) – Stuart McMillen
- Co-secretaries – Sian Keys, Karina Judd
- National Liaison Officer – Hannah Feldman
- General Committee members – Lee Constable, Maeli Cooper, Dylan Barker, Jessie Jorgensen-Price, Brody Hannan, Phil Dooley, Katie Howe, Brad Tucker
Some of our popular events have included:
- Cartoons, Science and Politics – Communicating Big Ideas
- Regular networking nights with ASC members
- The Science of Beer
- Careers in Research: Is Australia producing too many PhDs? – Panel discussion
- MayDay! Re-examing Canberra’s deadliest plane crash – National Science Week
- Producing great podcasts – workshop
- Big Snapshot of Australian Science Engagement! (on behalf of national ASC project team)Clean Energy Future: Using market research to inform strategy
- Communicating the “State of the environment”
- Are you π-curious?
- CSI vs Real Forensic Science
- Science Communicators: where would science be without them?
- Improving your writing: how to edit your own work
For more information on events or interest in joining our committee please email us at email@example.com – we always welcome your comments.