The Australian Science Communicators is the national forum for science communicators and science journalists. With more than 400 members, it is the peak body for this professionally diverse community, bringing together individuals from media, research organisations, universities, science museums, education and the arts. Become a member today and enjoy the benefits of:
- posting rights to the ASC email lists, reaching more than 2000 highly engaged individuals;
- access to the ASC grants program;
- access to members-only online resources, including a webinar series, and event videos and recordings;
- subscription to the members-only Scope magazine;
- substantial savings on ASC events, including our annual conference;
- authorship rights to the ASC blog (job and event postings, community thought leadership and more);
- voting rights for national and state elections;
Who can apply?
The Australian Science Communicators welcomes anyone identifying as a science communicator or science journalist, interested in a career in these fields, or keen to learn more about science communication and science journalism.
Membership fees (from 1 January 2016):
- Individual membership – $185 per annum
- Student membership (with valid student identification) – $85 per annum
- Associate membership (for retirees, members living overseas, on maternity (or other) leave, or otherwise not currently active in science communication) – $85 per annum
- Corporate membership* – $510 per annum
* Standard Corporate membership offers up to ten employee members for the price of only six Associate memberships, and additional employees at a discounted rate. It includes one vote in ASC elections.
Membership or payment enquiries can be sent to email@example.com (please note the office is staffed on a part-time basis).