* Posted on behalf of Helen Gardiner, this new web portal looks an excellent opportunity to raise awareness and promote the talents of Science Communication professionals in Victoria.
* There will of course be information on Re-Science about ASC and a link. We are currently working on this.
* However do also consider sending directly “a brief bio of yourself and/or your organisation” to the web team at ReScience
Ian Muchamore Australian Science Communicators – Vic President ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*Re-Science – crafting science experiences for Victorians*
Going live in early June, www.re-Science.org.auis an initiative of the National Science Week (SWk) Victorian Coordinating committee. Knowing what wonderful science events happen around the country during SWk, and the many dedicated people who make them happen, we wanted to extend the reach of these events by sharing our networks with all Victorians, so they might start to put together their own events using re-Science as a key resource.
The site will list upcoming Victorian events but will also review past events, so that Victorian communities can see what has worked, what they could run for themselves and what help is available to them to make it happen. There are two more key areas of our website relevant to ASC members:
1. The Science Community Network where visitors can search for people and organisations to help organise activities in their community; and
2. The Talent Search, where we act as an agency for people who are known for the work they do as science communicators or as scientists who are good communicators.
If you would like to be considered for inclusion in either or both of these parts of this website, send a brief bio of yourself and/or your organisation and we will send you some further details.
Thank you to everyone who has helped to date with this venture, and please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to know more.
*Helen Gardiner, Chair, SWk Vic CC **National Science Week, 15-22 August 2010, the year of biodiversity. ** * *The SWk Victorian Coordinating Committee’s key partners are the Federal Department of Industry, Innovation, Science & Research, the Victorian Government Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development, CSIRO Education, Museum Victoria and the City of Melbourne.*
_______________________________________________ ASC-list mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.asc.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=115