Thanks to Claire Harris for the update!
Quick ASC14 stats and facts
- Over 120 abstract and session submissions
- 1 conference dinner
- 1 breakfast hosted by New Zealand Science Communicators
- Earlybird registrations open until next month
- Submissions from New Zealand, South Africa and Japan
- ASC conferences have been run since 1996
- We will have four streams (in four rooms) of conference activities over the three days
The program committee (Claire Harris, James Hutson, Nancy Longnecker, Kali Madden, Jesse Shore) has been very busy reviewing all the submissions that have come in. We have been very impressed with the ideas and way that people have embraced the theme of Insight, Impact, Innovation.
Many proposals pick up on the hot topics in science communication, with speakers coming from a range of disciplinary backgrounds including communication, research, journalism, policy and business.
The conference will feature a poster session for the first time as well as a spectacular Sci-Art exhibition; social events including a conference dinner featuring a special dignitary and the Unsung Hero of Science Communication Award and a breakfast event with our New Zealand counterparts. Importantly, this is your chance to network with a diverse group of people.
Many of you would know that ASC conferences have been run since 1996. I would love to find out who has been to the most ASC conferences or if attending a past conference has resulted in something of significance for you. Did you meet your current employer? Did you meet your current wife?…
Let us know, comment below!