The date for the Vic AGM has be rearranged to Tuesday 4 June and we look forward to your participation.
An opportunity to meet ASC National Vice- President Dr Will Grant who will lead a discussion ‘Professionalisation & Advocacy: Raising the bar for ASC’.
There have been skilful and influential science communicators making a name for themselves individually for many years, but lately the greater profession is on people’s radar. Science communication in its own right is finally entrenching itself in the psyche of policy makers and the broader public. In line with this the ASC as an association is increasingly being invited to participate in policy conversations, and to partner in high-profile science-related events.
It seems we are in a time of expanding opportunities. But new opportunities mean we need to reflect on what science communication has been, what it is, and what it can be. In doing this, it’s crucial that we also reflect on how the ASC fits into this evolving picture, and what we as members need from the association.
We science communicators have been calling for people to listen to us more for a long time. It looks like we are starting to get what we asked for. The questions now is, what do we do with it?
The discussion will be followed by AGM business for ASC Victorian Branch including the election of a Branch Committee for 2013/14.
Victorian Branch AGM – Further Information
- Only paid up ASC members can participate in the formal business parts of the evening, including electing Branch Committee.
- Nominations for committee positions are open. Self nominations are acceptable.
- The current Committee encourages new applications from ASC members who would like to get involved in shaping and leading activities and events.
- Nominations for Branch Committee positions are encouraged in advance of the AGM. Nominations will also be accepted at the AGM.
- You can email advance nominations to the current Branch President (Kirsty Jones, Email: email@example.com ) with details of the nominated member and the position sought.
- Any ASC Vic member can stand for a branch committee position.
Branch Committee Positions
- Representative on ASC National Executive
- Ordinary Committee Members
Voting by proxy at the AGM
- If you cannot attend the AGM you may wish to nominate a proxy, prior to the AGM.
- In advance of the AGM, you should email the current Branch President (Kirsty Jones, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ) with details of your nominated proxy.
- You can nominate any ASC Vic member as your proxy.
- Note proxy nominations cannot be accepted at the AGM.