I am pleased to send you an update on the provisional programme for the International Conference Energy & Meteorology (ICEM) http://www.icem2011.org) 2011. The programme can be downloaded at: http://www.icem2011.org/ICEM2011_Programme_latest.pdf
ICEM 2011 will be held from 8 – 11 November 2011 at the Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia (Pre-Conference Seminar Energy & Meteorology: Fundamentals and Challenges on 7 November 2011).
New keynote speakers have been confirmed:
- Prof. Roberto Schaeffer, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Mr Peter Cowling, GE Ecoimagination, Australia
- Dr Giovanni Pirovano, Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico, Italy
The updated programme also includes details of accepted abstracts for oral presentation. There will be 4/5 parallel sessions for 90 minutes each day, many interesting topics will be covered and a wide variety of exciting presentations to listen to.
In addition, ICEM 2011 will provide a premium forum to discuss key issues such as:
- An international framework for the exchange of information between the weather & climate community and the energy industry
- Training the next generation of experts: Plans for an Energy & Meteorology Degree
Networking is also an important part of this busy week, with social events including the Welcome Reception, Happy Hour and Conference Dinner, in addition to an exhibition.
For more details about the provisional programme, keynote speakers’ bios, social events and/or to register, please visit http://www.icem2011.org, where you can also register online (credit card payment required).
We look forward to welcoming you to ICEM 2011 in November.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the event manager:
ICEM 2011 Manager
Tel: +61 2 9431 8632
Alberto Troccoli (ICEM 2011 Convenor)
Dr Alberto Troccoli
Ph: +61 (0)2 6246 5759