|28 November 2012|
|5:30 pm||to||8:00 pm|
ASC Canberra AGM and Special Guest speaker Professor Ken Freeman – 2012 Prime Minister’s Science Prize recipient
(Professor Ken Freeman – picture courtesy of DIIRST)
It’s that time of year again where the committee for next year is elected; all members are encouraged to attend the AGM. Following the AGM we will hold a public event (sponsored by Inspiring Australia and CSIRO Discovery) where attendees will hear from Canberra local, Professor Ken Freeman, recipient of this year’s Prime Minister’s Prize for Science.
When: Wednesday the 28th of November
Where: CSIRO Discovery Centre, CSIRO Discovery, Lecture Theatre, Clunies Ross St, Black Mountain, ACT (map and parking info)
5:30-6:15pm: ASC Canberra AGM – ASC Members only, drinks and nibbles provided.
- Nominations for positions on the ASC ACT Committee are open (more details below).
- The Committee encourages new applications from ASC members who would like to get involved in shaping and leading activities and events.
6:30-7:15pm: Professor Ken Freeman – Open to public.
- Hear from Professor Ken Freeman about his career, what work led to receiving the prestigious PM’s Science Prize, how important communication has been throughout his career and more recently with the media interest around him winning the award.
7:15pm-8pm: Food and Drinks
RSVP: http://actagm2012.eventbrite.com.au/ Please RSVP for catering purposes.
Cost: Event free for ASC members and members also get tickets for lucky-door prizes. Non-members: Gold coin donation on entry
For further enquiries on event or if you would like to nominate for a 2013 committee position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ASC Canberra AGM Agenda
Are you a proactive member wanting to be part of shaping ASC? All positions on the committee are genuinely open. The committee’s main responsibilities are organising networking and professional development events for ASC members in Canberra and supporting and shaping the national activities.
1. Confirmation of members attending, apologies, proxies.
2. Confirmation of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
3. Tabling of treasurer and president reports
4. Nominations sought for office bearers (those in bold mandatory). Where more than one nomination, vote by members in secret ballot (nominees leave the room).
- National liaison position (this position can be held as a dual-role by President, Treasurer or a Committee member)
- Social Media and Web Officer
- Promotions Officer
- Digital Media Officer
- Networking and Memberships Officer
5. Any other business
6. Close meeting
To receive more information on the duties of the positions or to register your interest in being a committee member email ‘asccanberra AT gmail.com’.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please send a proxy vote via email as we need a quorum (20% of current member numbers or 20 members, whichever is less).
Being on the committee is a great way to build your professional network, get event management experience and learn new skills. And the committee has been known, of course, to enjoy catching up often for breakfast or over a beer.
More information about the ASC Canberra Committee can be found at: www.asc.asn.au/state-and-national/act/