Reminder – the ASC AGM is coming up (Canberra, 19 November 2015) and a Special General Meeting (Canberra, 18 November 2015).
Please see below for event details. If you can’t make it in person, please nominate a proxy:
- Download and complete the proxy form, and ensure a copy of this form is with your proxy to take to the AGM – a consolidated proxy form covering the Constitution Special General Meeting on 18 November 2015 and the AGM can be found here (Word and PDF)
- Check one box only for the adoption of the revised Constitution
- If you do not provide voting instructions in these sections, you authorise the proxy holder to decide how the proxy will vote
- Notify the National Secretary, Sarah Lau (firstname.lastname@example.org) – this must be done or the proxy and vote is not considered valid
- Ensure that the proxy form is completed prior to 12.00pm ADST on Thursday 19 November 2015
Please note that votes will remain confidential at all times. All voting instructions and proxy forms will be collected and destroyed at the conclusion of the AGM.
We have received one nomination for President – Professor Joan Leach. Joan was nominated by Bianca Nogrady and the nomination was seconded by Pete Wheeler. Joan was ASC President in 2015 and will join the Centre for the Public Awareness of Science as their next Director in 2016. Read more about Joan here.
Special General Meeting: To discuss and vote upon an updated ASC Constitution to bring us into line with current association rules.
When: Wednesday 18 November 1.00pm – 3.00pm
Who: Current ASC members
Where: Teatro Vivaldi Restaurant, ANU Arts Centre, University Avenue, Canberra ACT 0200 http://vivaldirestaurant.com.au/
RSVP: email@example.com Cost: Free (attendees can order lunch individually if desired)
AGM: The AGM is an opportunity for members to hear about the year’s events at the national level, and also to have their say about what should happen in the year to come. It also includes reports from the President and Treasurer.
When: Thursday 19 November 2015, 2.00pm
Where: Green Couch Room, Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science, Physics Link Building 38a, ANU (Ground Floor)
Cost: free for ASC members (only currently financial ASC members are eligible to attend the AGM)
The following items are current as of 6 November 2015:
- 2015 AGM agenda
- ASC Constitution Revised 26 Oct 2015
- ASC AGM 2014 Draft Minutes
- Proxy form – combined (Word and PDF)