Children’s Discovery seeks to recruit inspiring educators to help us deliver our discovery and science activities. These include our pre-school Little Bang Discovery Club (during school hours), and/or after-school science club activities in various venues around Sydney. There are also full-day programs during school holiday periods.
- Become trained to deliver high quality discovery science workshops at various locations in Sydney, principally public libraries.
- Opportunity to assist improving existing programs, and develop new programs.
- Opportunity to assist on educational instruction materials, web and social media.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to engage and sustain the attention and interest of young children (aged 3 to 5) and their accompanying adults; and children aged 6 to 12.
- Broad understanding of scientific theories and laws, with the ability to interpret everyday experiences in terms of thinking scientifically.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to perform in public spaces.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Work to deadlines and deliver programs within scheduled time.
- Clean driving record and access to own car.
- Commitment to WHS and EEO principles within the workplace.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Background in Primary education, Science or other relevant education or experience.
- Experience with a variety of hand tools.
- Working with Children Check as required by legislation.
The successful applicant’s role may be expanded depending upon interest, availability and qualifications.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, with a short letter addressing why you’d like to join our team.