As the coronavirus pandemic crisis faces the world, organisations are exploring new ways to promote content in accessible and engaging formats, as people look to connect online relatively more. At Australian Science Communicators NSW, we have kicked off our content based #FromtheLAB series in March 2020. This series connects everyone with scientists, researchers, innovators on a monthly basis through short videos where they talk about their current work, scientific concepts and discoveries.
Are you an early – mid career researcher, innovator or scientist in Australia?
While we produce and share videos each month in collaboration with scientists across Australia, we are also looking for expressions of interests to participate in this series. We may also use content that you already have created that you would like to share.
Here are the #FromtheLAB snippets from 2020 that we have shared so far:
- Mar ’20 Vanessa Pirotta: Whales & Drones to detect ocean health
- Apr ’20 Muthu Vellayappan: Covid Safety Key
- May ’20 Noushin Nasiri: Nano-Technology PhD project
- Jun ’20 Ken Dutton Regester: Late stage Melanoma survival
- Jul ’20 Muneera Bano: Artificial Intelligence & Robotics
- Aug ’20 Nisha Duggan: Drugs for Stroke Patients
- Sep ’20 Rachelle Balez: Solutions to cure Alzheimer’s
- Oct ’20 Fathima Shihana: Diagnostic tools for poisoning patients
Interested in being featured? We shall guide you with ideas and assist in editing the short video with you. Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.