This is the official notice of the Australian Science Communicators’ Annual General Meeting, to be held in Canberra, ACT on 5 December 2014.
The AGM is an opportunity for members to hear about the year’s events at the national level, and also to have their say about what should happen in the year to come. It also includes reports from the President and Treasurer.
When: Friday 5 December 2014, 6.00pm
Where: Physics Link Building, Building 38A at ANU (Ground Floor)
RSVP: via Eventbrite
Cost: free for ASC members (only currently financial ASC members are eligible to attend the AGM)
I am pleased to announce Associate Professor Joan Leach, from the University of Queensland and current ASC President, has been nominated for the role of ASC President in 2015. Read Joan’s nomination statement.
Members unable to attend the AGM in person are able to give proxies to other members attending the meeting. This means that unless members are at the physical meeting in Canberra, you will need to designate a proxy to vote.
To designate your proxy:
- Download and complete the proxy form, and ensure a copy of this form is with your proxy to take to the AGM (Appointment of Proxy 2014)
- Check one box only for the proposed Constitutional amendment
- If you do not provide voting instructions in these sections, you authorise the proxy holder to decide how the proxy will vote
- Notify the National Secretary, Sarah Lau (firstname.lastname@example.org) – this must be done or the proxy and vote is not considered valid
- Ensure that the proxy form is completed prior to 4.00pm ADST on Friday 5 December 2014
Please note that votes will remain confidential at all times. All voting instructions and proxy forms will be collected and destroyed at the conclusion of the AGM.
Australian Science Communicators
Annual General Meeting 2014
Items for Discussion
- Confirmation of members attending, apologies
- Notification of proxies
- Minutes of 2013 AGM
- President’s report
- Discussion: ASC national conferences
- Discussion: Branch management and national support during periods of decreased activity
- Treasurer’s report
- presentation of statement of accounts
- determination of annual membership fee
- determination of capitation to be returned to branches
- determination of honoraria
- appointment of auditor
- appointment of public officer
- preview of 2015 budget
- Election of 2015 ASC President
- Motion to amend the Constitution
- 4.3 Membership: “Membership fees will be adjusted annually in line with the Consumer Price Index”
- Branch matters and annual reporting
- Announcement of ASC Grants Program recipients
- Any other business